Metal-ceramic, typical iron friction material designed for both
dry and wet friction. Finer additives compared with K1 material
are added to the base iron compound.
„AD” friction material is Lead and Asbestos free.
- High static friction coefficient.
- Good abrasive resistance.
- High braking power to 500°C.
- very good binding strength between copper lined steel base plate
and friction layer
- wearing rate by 20 % lower comparing with competitive sintered
products of its category for common use
- Low abrasive interaction with the brake rotor material.
- Three(3) times +/- longer operational life compared to
organic and Kevlar composite Materials.
Range of Application
- the material is suitable for dry and wet conditions for road/and
off-road motorcycles; in road motorcycle application suited both for
rear brake while for off-roads we are recommending to use it for
- The material is designed for common road riding application.
MATERIAL OPERATING PARAMETERS:
Specific pressure: P < 5.0 Mpa
Sliding speed: V < 40 m.s-1
Constant maximum temp.: 450°C
Short time maximum temp.: 700°C
- Replacement of brake pads should be done in dry clean conditions.
- If the friction material Comes into contact with oil or brake fluid
and the liquid soaks into the pores of the friction Material,
fall in friction coefficient (braking performance) could occur.
- Braking performance is significantly influenced by the quality
of the braking surface of the Disc rotor, by the age and quality
fluid, and by the correct choice of Complementary friction pad