Metal-ceramic friction material designed for friction on dry and wet
conditions is produced applying advanced powder metallurgy method,
which is a leader on sintered process field. Metal-ceramic material,
K1, is a bronze-graphite friction material designed for wet friction
applications. Coarser non-metallic friction additives are spread
evenly in the base fine bronze body.
It suits for off-road motorcycles of a high service life
in heavy duty drive surface conditions, e.g. sand, mud.
- for a period of higher temperatures we are recommending to substitute
it by K5 material
- on muddy conditions, it has a self-cleaning effect
- suitable for rear brake lining
- we are not recommending to use it for the front brake installed
on road motorcycles, as well as off-road types
- High static friction coefficient.
- High abrasive resistance.
- High braking power to 450°C. (Max. 750°C.)
- Low abrasive interaction with the brake rotor material.
- Three(3) times +/- longer operational life compared to organic
and Kevlar composite materials.
MATERIAL OPERATING PARAMETERS:
Specific pressure: P < 3.5 Mpa
Sliding speed: V < 45 m.s-1
Constant maximum temp.: 450°C
Short time maximum temp.: 800°C
- Replacement of brake pads should be done in dry clean
- If the friction material Comes into contact with oil or
brake fluid and the liquid soaks into the pores of the friction
Material, a catastrophic
fall in friction coefficient (braking performance) could occur.
- Braking performance is significantly influenced by the
quality of the braking surface of the Disc rotor, by the age
fluid, and by the correct choice of Complementary friction pad
- To achieve perfect brake effects we are recommending to
use also brake wheels and hoses of the same brand as that of
because of excellent common friction properties
BRAKE WITH THE GOLDfren PRODUCTS!