A metal–ceramic friction material comprising a very sophisticated bronze-graphite
full-metal mixture formulation with uniformly indispersed very fine grade
metal friction particles, that is suitable for both dry and wet friction
Metal-ceramic bronze-graphite friction material is an all-metal mixture
designed for applications both on dry and wet conditions.
Finer metallic friction additives are spread evenly in the base fine bronze body.
- High static friction coefficient.
- Good abrasive resistance, and self cleaning capability.
- High braking power to 500°C. (750°C. in bursts).
- Low abrasive interaction with the brake rotor material.
- Three(3) times +/- longer operational life compared to organic
and Kevlar composite materials.
„K5” friction material is Lead and Asbestos free.
RANGE OF APPLICATION:
- This material was developed for OFF-ROAD races because it features
long service life on heavy-duty drive tracks.
a) hot weather / dry
- only rear brake
b) hard terrain - front and rear brake
- The sintered materials feature self-cleaning effect.
- The material may be used on rear brake of road racing motorcycles.
Specific pressure: P < 2.0 Mpa
Sliding velocity: V < 20 m.s-1
Constant maximum temp: 500°C
Short time maximum temp.: 750°C
- Replacement of brake pads should be done in dry clean conditions,
and prefereably by a professionally qualified person. If the friction
comes into contact with oil or brake fluid and the liquid soaks
into the pores of the friction material, a catastrophic fall in
coefficient (braking performance) could occur.
- Braking performance is significantly influenced by the quality
of the braking surface of the Disc rotor, by the age and quality
of the brake
fluid, and by the correct choice of Complementary friction pad
- To achieve perfect brake effects we are recommending to use
also brake wheels and hoses of the same brand as that of brake
because of excellent common friction properties.